Sam did it again! He won the Vienna Air King for the third time in a row.
Due to the hard weather conditions on the 1. and 2. event day, there was a slight change for the schedule. Big ease, when Vienna’s weather conditions on Sunday were acceptable for a great final. Vienna saw plenty of big names, and in the end it was the contest-dominating Sams (Pilgrim and Reynolds) from Great Britain who took the podium places, joined by Andreu Lacondeguy with a convincing performance. The extreme high trick level on the generously constructed jumps was once again prove for the awesome progression freeride mtb saw in the last years.
Sam Pilgrim made absolutely clear, that he is the ultimate factor in the dirt and slopestyle disciplines at the moment. Already in his first run, that was not to be topped by any of the 30 finalists, he showed a backflip table at the step down, followed by a backflip no hand, a 360 tailwhip, completed with a 720, that brought him the highest score of the day.
Sam Reynolds kicked a backflip at the step down, a backflip no hand, a flipwhipand finally a 360 tailwhip at the last obstacle, resulting in second place. Andreu Lacondeguy impressed the judges with a backflip from the step down, an extreme fat flipwhip, followed by a 360 flatspin at the third obstacle as well as a 360 tailwhip at the last jump.
FINAL RESULTS VIENNA AIR KING 2012:
1. Sam Pilgrim (GBR, TSG, NS BIKES)
2. Sam Reynolds (GBR, POLYGON)
3. Andreu Lacondeguy (ESP, YT INDUSTRIES)
4. Szymon Godziek (POL, DARTMOOR BIKES)
5. Linus Sjöholm (SWE, YT INDUSTRIES)
6. Jakub Vencl (CZE, ROSE VERSAND)
7. Amir Kabbani (GER, TSG, MONGOOSE)
8. Loius Reboul (FRA, YT INDUSTRIES)
9. Thomas Genon (BEL, TSG, UMF VELO TEAM)
10. Patrick Leitner (AUT, TSG)
11. Lance McDermott (GBR, SARACEN BIKES)
12. Antoine Bizet (FRA, KONA)
13. Tomas Zejda (CZE, DARTMOOR BIKES)
14. Bartek Obukowicz (POL, NS BIKES)
15. Ray Samson (GBR)
16. Pavel Alekhin (RUS, HELLRIDE)
17. Simon Kirchmann (GER, BERGAMONT)
18. Marcin Rot (POL)
19. Blake Samson (GBR)
20. Bienvenido Aguado (ESP,TSG, YT INDUSTRIES)
For more information please visit the official homepage of the Vienna Air King: http://www.vienna-air-king.at/en/home/index.html
Vienna Air King on facebook: www.facebook.com/viennaairking